The project RAISD ‘Reshaping Attention and Inclusion Strategies for Distinctively vulnerable people among the forcibly displaced’ addresses the need for effective strategies for the attention and inclusion of distinctively Vulnerable Groups among Forcibly Displaced People.
Its overall objective is to identify these groups, their specific challenges and needs, to be able to discover and provide Tailored Attention and Inclusion Strategies (TAISs) for them.
Why is RAISD…
- It develops the novel concept of ‘vulnerability context’ (VC) to characterise a specific migration setting and gain a different perspective in dealing with migration history.
- Responds with TAISs ‘Tailored Attention and Inclusion Practices’ to societal needs by studying the local dimension of the global challenge of forced displacement.
- CRIOS (Collaborative Research and Innovation Online tool) develops innovative standard methods to monitor inclusion measures for vulnerable migrants.
- It applies the innovative methodological triangulation that combines RRI – Responsible Research & Innovation, action research and a socio-ecological model approach.
- Gender dimension permeates throughout research, innovation strategies and proposal actions.
- Scientific results are aligned with societal values by transforming the collective ‘victims’ into active participants that are included in a collaborative design of the research.
- It engages key actors at institutional levels to ensure the adoption of innovative policy and practices to address new challenges in the field of migration
- Evidence based research data are delivered with an understanding for potential adoptions.
- Development of target relevant educational products adaptable to (formal, non-formal) institutional and administrative contexts (EU and Non-EU).
- Re-usability conformity: technical standards are compatible and legal; the necessary rights are in place for other users to exploit the dataset.
- It engages short-term targets and enables to become trained and empowered multipliers among the Forcibly Displaced People.
- Involves partners and associated partners who have EU reaching dissemination networks therefore extending the impact beyond the Consortium countries.
- Engages key actors at institutional levels to ensure policy adoption at EU and national level.
- Embeds Internalisation aspects and integration of results in order to ensure innovation capability growth.
TAIS – Tailored Attention and Inclusion Strategies
“Tailored Attention and Inclusion Strategies” (TAIS) are a central piece of the RAISD project.
They aim at implementing innovative, tailored and personalized services designed to respond to the specific needs
of one of the vulnerable groups (VGs) detected after carrying out interviews with vulnerable individuals
and working with stakeholders in the framework of the Action Research Units (ARU).
Date of project
01/02/2019 – 31/01/2022
DG of reference
DG Research and Innovation, H2020-SC6-MIGRATION-2018: Addressing the challenge of forced displacement
Universidad Complutense de Madrid | Calle del Profesor José García Santesmases, 9. Ciudad Universitaria 28040 MADRID, Spain.
Dr. Rubén Fuentes-Fernández
Get in touch
For overall project, research and results oriented questions, suggestion or remarks:
Subscribe to our e-Newsletter
Subscribe to our e-Newsletter to be informed about future research activities, target tailored inclusion practices and EU policy recommendations to actors in order to boost the implementation of effective strategies.